Forbidden Love Main Forums Mod Support Se support attempt

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I dont suppose either of you would be willing to just let me have a copy of your SRM? 🙂

Sammy
    Participant

Hello everyone 🙂

I’ve had a shot at trying to convert SRM to SSE and I’ve been somewhat successful but I do have problems with the grand crystal ball room. The top floor that you enter the room on is invisible and when I go to Riften and I look in the direction of Honeymoon Cottage its an eye sore. Plus I’m having problems with the tga files as I don’t know how to convert them to dds files.

Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks 🙂

Visenya
    Participant

Hello Sammy,

First off delete your TGA files. They are not meant to be converted to DDS. They are not needed, and SSE doesn’t recognise them. They just take up memory in your mod.

The Grand Crystal Ball and Honey moon cottage are issues with your meshes, you haven’t converted them right. If you don’t optimise your meshes folder to folder, folder inside folder, then Nif Optimiser doesn’t convert them right, You will need to either locate the meshes manually or re-do all your meshes. If you haven’t got an Un-optimised copy of SRM LE, then download one from Nexus, (keep it as a backup).

Optimise the “Meshes” folder to folder, folders inside folders. This way you will get them all optimised right. Then place your newly optimised Meshes into your SRM SSE mod and overwrite your existing ones.

I have created a “How to” guide here, https://skyrimromance.com/forums/topic/skyrim-romance-sse-conversion-guide-tips-and-advice/

Hope this helps xxxx

Sammy
    Participant

Hello Visenya,

I have took your advice and I manually downloaded a copy of SRM.

I deleted all tga files.

I optimized all meshes folder to folder and folder inside folder aswell.

I really hope I have done this right.

I am following your advice in the link you provided but I do not use M.O, I use NMM 🙂

I’m at the part where I’ve put everything back into a zip file ready to be installed on NMM.

Thank you for your advice and the link you provided, much appreciated.

This has helped me quite alot xxxx 🙂

[Edit]: It works as it should 🙂

Honeymoon Cottage isn’t an eye sore to look at anymore and the grand crystal ballroom floor is no longer invisible 🙂 Yay.

The mannequins inside the jewel in solitude are invisible but that does not bother me at all as I’m okay with that.

I’m going to test this on my first playthrough just to make sure everything is okay and works properly 🙂

Thanks again for your advice and the link you provided, it has been very useful. Much appreciated xxxx 🙂

Visenya
    Participant

Aww Sammy, you are so welcome. I’m glad I could help.

The mannequins I’m still working on. It’s has nothing to do with the conversion though.  Mine and Rayne’s are visible but with blue heads, no dresses.

I will advice when I have a solution… xxxx

rcraig
    Participant

Hi I just wanna ask if there’s a comprehensive guide in converting SRM to SSE? or can someone share the converted version to me? I really miss Bishop but I don’t wanna go back to Oldrim because I really love the optimization and stability of SSE. Thank you.

Visenya
    Participant

Hi rcraig,

I created this guide for converting SRM to SSE. Hope it helps….

https://skyrimromance.com/forums/topic/skyrim-romance-sse-conversion-guide-tips-and-advice/

Sammy
    Participant

Visenya,

Can you help me again please.

I’m having problems with SRM.

Every time I try and go to the Blue Palace in Solitude my game CTD.

I’ve got 209 mods installed.

I knocked it down to 196 mods and tried again.

Same result…. CTD.

I knocked off a load more mods and only had 70 mods installed and still the same result happens…. CTD.

I’m at a loss, I just don’t know what to do anymore.

Everywhere else works wonderfully except for the part where I try and go to Solitudes Blue Palace, my game CTD.

Please help/advise. Thanks xxxx 🙂

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Sammy,

It’s your facegendata,

“meshes\actor\facegendata\facegeom\skyrim romance animation\”

Copy this file from your SRM LE (backup folder).

Paste it in your Nif Optimiser folder,

Using “Head” Only option, Run “Nif-Optimiser”,

paste it in your new SRM SSE folder, overwrite original.

Facegen is so unforgiving on SSE, If it doesn’t get every single nif file it will ctd when your in the area of SRM characters. It took me two playthroughs before I got this to settle down.

I’ve been working on the mannequins, for 6 days now, every time I do anything to the head mesh, I get CTD in the jewel, Even though I have already done the ballroom weeks ago. So I have to keep re-doing the facegen, or re-downloading my SRM SSE “hard copy” and starting again.

Hope it helps xxx

darchangel89
    Participant

Hi again!
    So I havent had the chance to play Skyrim much in awhile, because, life, you know, and was FINALLY able to get to the point where Im going to the ball tonight.  The game didnt crash, (hallelujah!)  but Im not sure what Im supposed to do once Cas and I teleport to the blue palace.  Do we need to wait to be invited in?  Do I shout the doors down, as one guest suggested?  Do I just walk in?  Cuz when I just walk in, Cas doesnt follow me in. I can go in just fine, and wander around and talk to people by myself, but Casavir wont come into the ballroom with me.

Edit: Ok, so I used the placeatme command to get him into the ballroom, and things seemed fine, but when he asked me to dance, we stand on the ballroom floor, unmoving, and I get stuck in 3rd person and cant do anything. 🙁

Thanks-in-advance-for-your-help!

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Darchangel189,

When you teleport down to the other Ballroom guests, you simply walk through the doors. You are the guest of honor after all. 🙂

As for Casavir not following you though the doors, it could be a number of issues. Usually it’s another mod conflicting with SRM.

Mods that change cities and towns, change the Navmesh, Mods that make changes to followers AI behaviour can also have a negative impact and are not advised. This is why I advise testing on a bare bones step up in terms of mods. It makes it easier to detect the culprit.

Using console command “placeatme” is never a good idea. It messess with the AI, Interaction and the complex counting system Mara created for the mod. It is always better to save your game before every interaction and simply re-load a save should things not progress as intended.

Hope this helps xx

Rayne
    Participant

Hey Darchangle189, are you using JK’s Skyrim?

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.