Forbidden Love Main Forums Mod Support Se support attempt

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So a very kind person helped me get this running on SE, but I crash to desktop everytime I tell Casevir “lets go to the ball”.  So I made a new character to test things out, started her out in Solitude, and I cant even walk into the Blue Palace courtyard without crashing to desktop.
    From reading this thread it sounds like I need to delete JK’s Skyrim, and start over with a new character again, is that correct?

Rayne
    Participant

Oh, no! JK’s Skyrim shouldn’t CTD you! A single navmesh entry in JK’s Skyrim prevents Casavir from following you into the palace, but it never caused a CTD. First, just to test, try loading a new game without Skyrim Romance but change nothing else about your load order. See if you still CTD when approaching the palace courtyard. If you don’t crash, then possibly it’s a load order issue with Skyrim Romance or perhaps something didn’t get converted properly.

darchangel89
    Participant

I did that, and I could enter the courtyard fine.  I enabled Romance again and crashed every time I got near the courtyard again.  Will doing things out of order make it do this?  Because I already met and talked to Cael before this

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Darchangel89,

The crash in Solitude is down to your facegen, conversion. Whenever you come across characters from SRM and it CTD, it’s the facegen. You need to re-run your meshes through Nif_Optimiser, “Head” only. It could simply be that one or two of the ballroom characters didn’t get optimised first time round.

The way I did it to ensure I got every one, I opened up SRM mod on my desktop, created a new folder called “Heads” left that on my desk top open, and opened up Nif Optimiser. Went through my SRM folder to folder, took out head related meshes, put them in the “head” folder, converted them with Nif opimiser then put them back before moving on to the next set.

As for talking to Cael, Cael should be the last character you talk too. It will not cause problems in Solitude with you CTD, but your progression with Bishop will be affected. My advise is to start the game again from the beginning. While your testing SRM SSE read the cheat sheet so you have an idea of the interactions, times and place. By doing this, you can concentrate on getting your SRM SSE working.

Hope this helps xxx

darchangel89
    Participant

I have no idea how to do any of that 🙁  I got my copy of Romance for SSE from someone else.  They didnt have any issues like this tho.  Could it be one of my mods that alter facegen?  Like  CBBE or something maybe?
    When you say NIF Optimizer, do you mean Nifscope?

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Darchangel89,

If your game is crashing in Solitude by the area where the guests of the ballroom are, it is SRM facegen. You could always test it, turn off your SRM mod, if the game still crashes when you re-enter the game without SRM then it is another mod.

This is a link to Nif Optimiser – https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089 on Nexus SSE. This is a tool we use to optimise the meshes from LE to SSE.

1. Download Nif Optimiser onto your desktop and open.

2. Along side Nif Optimiser open your Skyrim Romance Mod.

3. In Nif Optimiser put a “Tick” on “Head Only” option,

4. Now go to your opened SRM folder and open “Meshes\actor\character\” you should see a folder “facegendata”. Copy this folder and paste it in the Nif Optimiser folder.

5. Click “browse” on Nif Optimiser, which will start where you need to be, now click “Optimise”,

6. Once optimised, copy your optimised “Facegendata” folder and place it back into your SRM mod – “Meshes\actor\character\.

Rayne
    Participant

Visenya, haha, you and I have the exact same method for converting meshes.

Also, Darchangel89, this isn’t related to what Visenya is instructing you to do, but just curious…what mod manager are you using?

darchangel89
    Participant

Rayne, Im using NMM, but I installed SRM manually because mod manager wouldnt install it.
    Visenya, Thanks so much for your help.  I am going to try this and see if it helps.  I will let you know!
    You guys are awesome 🙂

darchangel89
    Participant

Visenya, what exactly do you mean by the Nif Optimiser folder? Do you mean the window where I tick the “heads only” thing?  Cuz I dont see any place in that window to paste the facegen file

Rayne
    Participant

The way you run Nif Optimizer, you have to select the folder where the meshes are present that you want to optimize. When you run Nif Optimizer and click Browse, it starts out inside it’s own installation folder. Visenya is suggesting you place a copy of the FaceGenData folder directly into the folder where you’ve placed the “SSE Nif Optimizer.exe”, allowing you to easily find your copied FaceGenData folder, optimize it, and then place that copy back in the appropriate folder in your Skyrim Romance mod directory, which would be “meshes\actors\character”.

As a side note, Nif Optimizer skips over meshes that have already been optimized, so if that FaceGenData you have was optimized already but without head parts ticked, they will likely not get properly optimized, so make sure you are optimizing Oldrim meshes.

darchangel89
    Participant

Oh, ok.  I just put it in a folder on my desktop and ran it from there.  I ran the facegendata through the optimizer and replaced the files, but the game still crashes in that area, so Im at a loss.  All I can think of is starting over with a clean skyrim install, and see if it works without any of my other mods having changed anything yet

Rayne
    Participant

Did you run the facegendata folder from your SSE Skyrim Romance conversion through nif optimizer? Because if they were handed to you from someone else who did the port, if they optimized them already without clicking the “head parts only” box, then nif optimizer probably skipped those files instead of actually optimizing them. You would need to get a fresh copy of the Oldrim facegendata meshes and optimize those with Nif Optimizer and put them in your SSE Skyrim Romance conversation folder.

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.