Forbidden Love Main Forums Mod Support Se support attempt

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I can confirm that porting following the instructions from this link works! I have had a few minor glitches but nothing game breaking.

Bishop in SSEball scene

UndergroundMole
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I stumbled upon this mod and tutorial on how to port it today. I’m pretty new when it comes to modding skyrim and I’ve used the guide. The mod loads fine in-game. When I fast-travel the game doesn’t crash while loading, but it does crash once i start walking around in Riverwood or if I’m fast enough to reach the target-character, when I try to talk to him. When I used Wrye Bash the masters window is too small for me to actually see a list, but as far as i know all things listed there were in blue text. When I tried converting the esp using Creation Kit however it said there are multiple master files so it aborted loading, and when trying to save the file it said the esp (in the data folder) was already in use and that i should save it somewhere else.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong, and can help me solve this? It really does look like an interesting mod.

Skylar Azure
    Participant

Somewhat late to the party here but I’ll share my experience!

First off, I followed the link posted by AvaNeve and it worked okay once I actually got the hang of the tools. My only bad experiences in game seem to be:

– The basement in the Honeymoon Cottage glitches out a lot for me. I don’t have any type of lighting mods installed (the closest thing is a weather mod but that shouldn’t effect interiors I don’t think). Basically what happens is if I look/walk around, textures seem to glitch in and out. It can be an eyesore after a few minutes so I avoid the place unless I’m stashing stuff.

– Sometimes dialogue won’t play out. I had this problem once in my first run through (currently on number two) but I don’t think it’s happened since. I think it was at the beginning where I had my character say the “I love animals!” thing, but I retried it and it worked. Might’ve just been a little hiccup Skyrim is known (and probably not loved) for.

– Animations can weird out. I think this might be a problem with either the skeleton or FNIS though because an animation completely unrelated to the mod pulled the same stunt. What happens is you’ll go through an animation but at the end, your chara kinda glitches out. You can’t run right and the screen gets weird (kinda hard to explain). You’re also stuck in first person, though your character is still partially visible. You can’t save the game (like if you’re in the middle of the animation) but you can load a previous save just fine and it gets you out of the mess!

Just make sure to save often and things’ll work out for now until something more solid is established.

Another note is Sex Labs. For me at least, animations wouldn’t run. I tested it out a few times in several different places. Finally found out SL wasn’t activated, but the MCM wasn’t even loading for me to run it. What I did was uninstall SR, managed to run SL, then reinstalled. I did it on a new character so idk if it’ll work alright on a previous one due to you having to uninstall SR completely. (Even SL light didn’t work for me, so yeah.)

Before moving on, I want to state that THIS IS NOT A 100% RELIABLE WAY TO CONVERT SR. Other than the problems above, I haven’t experienced anything going wrong. I got through the encounters (including the ball, with the dance animation working out okay), marriage, and birth just fine. My Skyrim is semi-heavily modded as well. Haven’t completely explored everything with the child, but I don’t think any issues will happen with him. HOWEVER, this won’t replace a fully complete port when/if it’s posted, and I fully recommend changing over to that if it happens. Chances are Mara and her team know a lot more about these things than I do!

As for Underground Mole and others who might be having issues:

I don’t think Skyrim Romance has a master file? Make sure you’re only activating SR’s ESP in the Creation Kit and not any others.

You will need to use:

Creation Kit
    ConverttoSkyrim (Needed if you want the animations)
    SSE Nif Opt (I didn’t use it the first time and Bishop was literally half invisible. It was hilarious to see him run around without any arms or legs though.) Here’s a very helpful guide for Nif Opt if you need it! Remember to convert anything related to facegen before anything else, or it won’t convert properly.

SR doesn’t have a BSA, so you won’t need an extractor. I wouldn’t recommend packing anything up into one either. Just leave it as is and you should be fine. I don’t think you’ll need SSEEdit either. Wrye Bash isn’t needed I don’t think but, tbh, I highly recommend just always using it. You can’t go wrong, afaik.

Other than that, please check out the guide already posted to this site for more details, especially involving things like FNIS. It’s for Oldrim, but gives useful tips. Also, load order can be an issue. I needed to manually tweak it for SSE. Mostly just load XMPSE under realistic ragdolls and then SR under XMPSE. Everything else can go untouched unless otherwise stated by someone wiser than me. There are probably a lot of people wiser than me.

This was kinda long and hopefully it was okay to post all of this. Again, it is NOT 100% reliable. I really do recommend looking into more solid solutions whenever they come up, but if you really need your angsty ranger boy now, this is a decent enough temporary fix. I’ll let you guys know if anything else comes up!

AvaNeve
    Participant

Interesting. I only made it as far as going through meeting each guy (twice on different characters) for testing before I got distracted, so I can’t say anything about the following events, but those I did see worked perfectly for me. For what I did test, the only error I found was that my manakins in The Jewel had blue heads (they were also naked, but they were in Oldrim too for me, so that wasn’t a surprise). That I assume means I made a mistake converting those meshes. I should note that the CK warned me of a missing navmesh. I didn’t encounter an issue in my short time playing, but in theory that could cause a CTD… I just never stumbled upon the navmesh in question.

Thanks for noting that, Skylar Azure. Porting it ourselves is definitely very experimental. I wouldn’t use it on any save you care to keep in case something goes wrong.

I’m pretty sure I got rid of the converted file (cleaned out everything in preparation for a new mod list), but it would be interesting to see if I get the same result converting it a second time. Ugh. Time to get distracted from the task that originally distracted me. 😛 I’ll give it a shot (and try playing further into the story) if I find the time.

Mole, loading multiple masters in the Creation Kit requires an ini edit. You can find the ini you need already written for you here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2786/?tab=description

It’s useful to have. I don’t recall if you’ll need it to try to convert this, but you’ll likely need it for something down the line if you keep modding, so you might as well install it while you’re thinking of it.

AvaNeve
    Participant

Alright, 24 hours later, I’ve tried converting it two times more. Neither worked. I can’t seem to replicate my initial results. Alec’s dialogue gets stuck on his last line before I should first speak to him (disabling then re-enabling him solves it), Casavir also got his dialogue stuck partway through going off to talk to Bishop (same solution), Bishop I guess decided not to punch Darren (but was convinced he had, apparently, because I was able to continue the conversation with him and complete the meeting), meeting Cael went smoothly, though his friends were oddly talkative (spewing all their lines at me just from me standing nearby… I’m used to them only speaking when spoken to), and the big issue: Bishop hasn’t asked to talk to me, and we’ve met several people and spent some time ambling the wilderness, so I’m pretty sure that should have triggered by now. (Unless I need to visit the Bannered Mare first, I don’t *think* that’s a pre-requisite for most of those dialogues.)

So in sum, I’ve: rescued Karnwyr (full success) and met Alec (required console), Casavir (required console), Darren (didn’t play out properly, but I passed it without the console), and Cael (worked but behaved a bit unusually). I didn’t bother stopping at the Bannered Mare or attending the ball, since it was obvious progression in the mod was impossible.

I haven’t the slightest idea what changed between the first (successful) conversion and the next two failed ones. But I do assume it’s something on my end that changed, since the mod hasn’t exactly been updated recently, and I’ve been messing around with settings I normally wouldn’t since, right after I quit my testing of conversion 1 and wiped everything for a new load order, I started working through Lexy’s Legacy of the Dragonborn modding guide. Aside from any changes I made through that, the only thing that might be different is the version of SexLab, as I have no idea what I was using before.

So why some conversions are working and some aren’t is a complete mystery to me as of now.

EDIT: Maybe not a complete mystery. 24 hours more and I realized I’m pretty sure I didn’t have the CK set up properly. I’ll try to make a fourth attempt at some point this weekend to see if that was my problem. I’m reinstalling the CK first to make sure I have the scripts unpacked and the original .ini file.

EDIT again: Days later, I’ve now tried everything I can think of, and it seems each conversion I do is worse than the last. 😛 I’m formally giving up on repeating my first, apparently successful conversion. But who knows, with successful ones being out there, mayyyyybe we’ll get the official conversion for Christmas, hm? ^.^

ELse
    Participant

Has anyone been able to successfully port this  to SE? and if so, any tips?

Skylar Azure
    Participant

I did write out a full on guide a few days ago for anyone interested. I believe I covered all the steps. If I missed something, please let me know!

Again, not a complete stable way to do all of this, but it’s what we have for now until something official happens (if/when it does)

CONVERT GRUMPY RANGER TO SSE

Kairi
    Participant

I’ve followed the guide word for word and I’ve had no problems up until going to the Ball with Casavir. I tell him that I’m ready to go, will go through the loading screen then the screen goes black. Out of curiosity I decided to walk myself towards the Ballroom just to see if I could. The moment I walk up in the courtyard of the Blue Palace, where all the Ball guests were waiting, my game crashes again. Reading through the forum I can see that multiple people have been able to get through the Ballroom scene… This is so far the only problem I’ve encountered and I’ve done most of the encounters by now…

Is there anything that I can do to try and fix the problem or get around it?

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Kairi,

Your problem comes from your facegen conversion. re-optimise your facegen through Nif-optimiser “Head-only” option. But this time go into your meshes file itself until you reach the folder “Skyrim romance animated.esp” – (meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\skyrim romance animated.esp) Run the optimise now….

You need to optimise folders inside folders separably, going from the meshes folder itself will miss a lot of files that need conversation, hence the crashes.

When ever your game crashes like this, it is always the facegen that’s the problem.

I did all of my conversions folder to folder, folders inside folders. Not just from the meshes folder. Same with the textures.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
    Participant

So I’ve converted this to SE a number of times without the animations working properly. I noticed in this last time I get a warning in FNIS;
    >>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_skyrim romance animated_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

Did I miss something?

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

You need to download a animation bat file to convert your animations from oldrim to SSE. The Nexus link – https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970

Read the instructions carefully, but it is easier than you think. Let me know if you need help,

xxx

Utkarsh Kumar
    Participant

Hello. I had tried to convert Skyrim Romance to SSE recently, but the game crashes every time I go near the Sleeping Giant Inn. So, I tried to summon Bishop in Breezehome using console commands, which also caused a crash. I have run FNIS. I have all the mods installed. I don’t know what to d0 anymore. Is there something that I’m forgetting? My Creation Kit also crashes while I try to save with files optimized by Nif Optimizer. Do I not optimize files?

I will retry from the beginning again soon.

God, will an official Special Edition version ever come out?

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.