Forbidden Love Main Forums Mod Support scene after cael/'run away with me' will NOT trigger

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i’ve literally tried every solution i could find- using the setstage in the cheat console, taking bishop to riverwood, waiting and trying talking to him between both 12-7 PM and AM just to be sure, reinstalled the mod a few times- i’m not sure what else to try, and i really want to continue playing this mod.
    i’ve spent at least an hour trying to solve this at this point..

please help??

Visenya
    Participant

Hello Clover,

Did you use the “cheat” sheet as a guide to the interaction order and locations etc. If not then it could simply be that you have interacted with another character too early, ?

Did your other interactions trigger the “after scene dialogues” without issue.?

Have you used “setstage” in any of your other interactions, during your play though, “setstage” can break the complex schedule events that Mara programmed into this mod. 9/10 SRM will have issue with later interactions by using “setstage”. I recommend saving before every interaction, this way you can simply take your save back and try again.

Have you got any other follower mods running, that can change “Bishops” AI, or the mods interaction process, or something as simple as JK’s Skyrim that changes some of the locations where SRM characters are set?, these can also stop an event from triggering.

Hope this helps xxx

Clover
    Participant

hello! I’ve been using the cheat sheet through most of my playthrough, so i don’t miss anything- and haven’t had any issues with other scenes not triggering (I’ve done all others leading up to this, save for Alec prince of song)
    i did have an issue at one point where the scene after Darren wasn’t showing up, but found somewhere that it might be triggered after the ball and its related scenes for some reason- and that worked.

i havent made a habit of using setstage- and in truth didn’t know it was even an option until i started googling this issue.
    i’m not sure about other mods- but i don’t think i have much installed that would risk breaking things. most of my mods are slight graphics changes, character creation things, animation edits etc- i even removed some of my other mods (follower edit mods and such) to be sure, though i guess its always possible to have missed something

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Clover,

So you did Darren before the ball.? That there is your problem.

When ever I do Darren before Casavir, Darren’s after scene dialogue doesn’t trigger. If I do Darren after Casavir it always triggers before the next interaction.

I never move on to another interaction if an after scene event doesn’t trigger so that if I do have a problem, I can always reload a previous save.

Following along side the “Dragon” quest line, I do

1. First Kiss,

2. Neeska,

3. Jack,

4. Alec,

5, Casavir,

6. Thorn,

7. Darren,

8. Cael

10. Confession,

11. Marriage.

This works for me 100%.

Hope this helps xxx

Clover
    Participant

how would that affect Caels after scene, though?
    i’ve played through a chunk of the mod before (albeit on my last computer) and had that same issue with darren/casavir, but still was able to get caels after scene afterwards with no issue that i can remember.

should i just see if i still have a save i can go back to (which would probably lose me a lot of quest progress, but eh.) or just like re-install the mod and start over?

Visenya
    Participant

Hi Clover,

The most common problem that gets posted on this website is Darren’s scene not triggering, and almost always when questioned, it is because they interacted with Darren before the ballroom scene. A lot of members will use “Setstage”, thinking that they have solved the issue, but are back later saying that other scenes are not triggering.

Others will reinstall the mod, again thinking that that too will fix the problem, but it doesn’t.

The problem isn’t the mod,  the problem is simply an event triggered in the wrong order. Whether you restart your game or simply search for a save is up to you, I don’t see any point to reinstalling the mod.

When a mod is created using interactions, times and locations, and those interactions times and locations are not triggered correctly, the mod variables can not be calculated correctly. Bishops reaction to the DB is also based on a counting system. If you deny his affection through out the mod, he will not confess his love for your DB. This isn’t a simple followers mod. This is how it will affects Caels after scene trigger…

Hope this helps xx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.