Land Textures not loading in2018-12-13T22:22:34+00:00

Forbidden Love Main Forums Mod Support Land Textures not loading in

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just reinstalled Skyrim Romance after not using it for awhile, didn’t want to take chances so I reinstalled everything manually.  I went in, everything seemed fine at first, but now I’m getting to points in the game where huge chunks of texture just aren’t loading in at all, replaced with ugly grey meshes.  I don’t see anything else that’s quite like this problem, and I’m not sure how to fix it.  I’ve got the Unofficial Texture Patch.  It was never like this the first time I used the mod, so I’m more than a little confused. LOOT says there isn’t a problem either.

mod loads

These are all the mods I’m using, and my load order.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Are you able to tell what it is the textures are missing from? Could you perhaps share some in-game screenshots?

Emily
    Participant

To be honest, anything.  It started with just ambient rocks, which I tried to ignore because that doesn’t matter that much, but then Valtheim towers were just…like grey blanks, and the “doorways” were completely black.  I warped back to Whiterun and some houses were just covered by a sort of loose mesh, then the floor had weird jagged edges, then the walls of the city were like watercolor grey.  The gate was just a black blank.  It looks sort of like a messy placeholder.  I removed the high res texture pack today because I read it might be interfering with things, but it didn’t fix it.  I didn’t take the screenshots because I was trying different things and didn’t think of it, I will do so and add it in a moment.

Vivianne
    Participant

I have the same problem and it seems to me that it is not the fault of mods. When I first played Skyrim and the Skyrim romance mod, I did not have any problems either with the game or the texture. Then I installed Enderal and when I finished it, I reinstalled the game completely. When I started playing again, I started to see exactly the same texture problems you’re writing about, as if the correct mesh was covered with a second mesh with a blurry, gray texture. I was looking for a solution to the problem on the internet, forums and it turns out that this is a vanilla game glitch. Sometimes it will appear, sometimes not. Several people have written that they have restored the old versions of graphics drivers and that has helped them. At the moment I had to uninstall Skyrim because I write a master’s thesis and I was very tempted to play the game (haha), but I wonder myself, if I install the game again, I will continue to have the same problem 🙁

It’s not my screenshots but it looks exactly like in my game:

Emily
    Participant

Ah!  Well huh.  Sorry I haven’t posted those screenshots, I have family visiting so I’ve not had much time for playing, but I wonder if it might have something to do with Enderal specifically.  I might check with them.

Emily
    Participant

OKAY I FIXED IT

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=11246

Swapped to a vanilla Nexus profile to clear the pipes.  Used this to purge the Skyrim data in case any Enderal stuff got left behind (that would explain the meshes).  Used TESV to clean it out and LOOT to make sure everything afterward was shipshape.  Reinstalled Skyrim Romance entirely in case there was anything buggy lying around in there.  Verified integrity of game files for BOTH Skyrim and SKSE.  Swapped back to Skyrim Romance profile.  Ran FNIS.  Ran LOOT again.  Played game for an hour, making sure to wander an extremely long way so as to make sure nothing cropped up as it did before, including in and out of buildings and walled cities.

FIXED.  I FEEL ACCOMPLISHED.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Glad to see it’s fixed now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.